Serving Since 1924
Green is what we stand for as evidenced by our delivery vehicles and employee uniforms. The decision to run a greener, sustainable operation was an easy one, and today we are more efficient, more responsible, and safer than ever.
- Replaced dry-cleaning equipment with new, modernized organic cleaning machines.
- Converted to eco-friendly cleaning solutions.
Reused Key Materials:
- Reusing 80% of garment hangers in circulation at all client locations.
- Partnered with a local scrap metal company to ensure non-usable materials don’t end up in landfills.
- Sell or rent garments that are produced from certified 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Performance Polyester which means the fiber is made from actual recycled plastic bottles. Recycled fibers create 71% fewer carbon emissions and one shirt removes eight 2-liter plastic bottles from going to the landfill.
Reduced Energy Consumption:
- Replaced industrial laundry equipment with new, energy efficient machines.
- Switched to a 100% green energy supplier reducing our carbon footprint by 150,000 lbs of CO2 annually – equivalent to a car driving 167,000 miles a year.
- Reduced drying cycles by 15%.
- Installed green certified energy efficient hand dryers in all facilities to reduce paper waste.
- Upgraded facilities with new, energy efficient HVAC equipment.
- Upgraded facilities with new windows made with the world’s first and most advanced triple-silver solar control low e glass for optimum energy efficiency.
- Implemented an E-Billing system so that all our clients have the option to receive paperless invoices.
- Replaced the oil burning hot water boilers with new, energy efficient equipment that utilize natural gas.
- Partnered with National Grid to install a natural gas line to one of our plant facilities.
BidURenergy Recognizes WHC
Our deep commitment to green and sustainable practices will only continue to grow and benefit our operations, our clients, our community and, of course, the environment.
“Our Company is committed to running an environmentally friendly and energy efficient operation. As a result, we received this certificate as recognition for our decision to utilize 100% green energy suppliers for our electrical needs.”